We are glad you are here! ECAC has been providing services to North Carolina families of children with disabilities, their teachers and other professionals since 1983. Our Parent Educators and PTI staff are here to help you navigate the special education maze and provide you with the information and tools you need to be a informed and active participant in your child’s education! ECAC’s Parent Training and Information Center (PTI) is funded through the US Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs.
All services are provided to parents and families at no cost! Educators and other professionals may be charged a nominal fee.
- Toll Free Parent Info Line answered by Parents
- Individual Assistance with educational issues
- Parent and Professional Education workshops on a variety of topics
- Lending Library
- Information packets, (paper and on CD)
- NewsLine newsletter and ECAC Online!, our electronic newsletter
- IEP Partners
- Parent-to-Parent support
- Assistance to parent groups